Benefits of the selected ingredients:
Cocoa butter nourishes, repairs and forms a protective barrier over the skin to hold in moisture. It has a soft, buttery fragrance, with nuances of chocolate.
Sweet Almond oil is rich in Vitamin E, a natural antioxidant that helps heal sun damage, reduce the signs of aging, and fade scars. Thanks to its high content in Vitamin A and its antibacterial properties, Almond oil is excellent at treating acne. It soaks in quickly and is a powerful moisturizer.
- 3 oz Raw Cocoa Butter (find it here: US / UK / Canada)
- 3 oz Sweet Almond oil (find it here: US / UK / Canada)
- 3 oz Beeswax pellets (find it here: US / UK / Canada)
Optional: You can add some drops of natural Chocolate Extract to give a stronger chocolate scent to the massage bar, some Vanilla Oleoresin or your favorite essential oil (it blends nicely with Ho Wood, Wild Orange, and Frankincense).
- Melt the beeswax first using a double boiler.
- Remove from heat and incorporate Cocoa butter. If it does not melt completely, briefly put it back on the heat.
- Once everything is completely melted and removed from heat, add the rest of ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the soap mold.
- Let cool for several hours, then gently remove your massage bars from the mold. It is ready!
Tip: try incorporating dry flowers, like dried rose petals or lavender buds, coffee beans, adzuki beans, etc. It will add a special touch to your creation! Simply sprinkle them into the bottom of each mold before pouring the mixture.
If you have any questions, feel free to comment below!
And do tag me on Instagram if you make this 🙂
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.