Benefits of the selected ingredients:
Cider Vinegar helps balance pH, stimulates hair growth, removes buildup from the scalp and closes cuticles to leave hair super shiny.
Castor oil is one of the best natural treatments for thickening and regrowing hair.
Almond oil prevents from hair breakage and strengthens the follicles.
- 7 oz Full Fat Coconut Milk (find it here: US / UK / Canada)
- 1 tbsp raw Honey (find it here: US / UK / Canada)
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (find it here: US / UK / Canada)
- 1/2 tsp Castor oil (find it here: US / UK / Canada)
- 1/2 tsp Almond oil (find it here: US / UK / Canada)
- 30 drops of your favorite essential oils blend. I used Lavender and Bergamot.
- Combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth. Pour in an 8.5 oz glass bottle.
- Shake well. Use a small amount on wet hair (I only need one tablespoon for my long, mid-back-length, hair). Massage the no poo shampoo on the scalp and use your fingers or a detangling brush to spread through the hair. Leave on for a few minutes before rinsing off.
- You can use a 50:50 mixture of Apple Cider Vinegar and water to rinse your hair. It gets hair cleaner and increases shine!
- Keep the DIY shampoo in the fridge. You can also pour the mixture in ice cube trays and freeze it (in case you want to prepare a big batch that will last for several months).
My essential oils collection is mainly from Plant Therapy. They have the highest quality organic essential oils and a special selection of oils safe for kids. Check out their website to discover the latest offers!
Beauty Tip: If you have never tried No Poo shampoo before, you might experience a detox period as during the first weeks your hair will get rid of all the toxins accumulated during the last years. To minimize this, you can use one of these methods:
Continue using your regular shampoo, while progressively incorporating this DIY no poo shampoo to your hair routine.
Make your first batch using 2 tbsp Castile soap (it will provide the usual lather) instead of raw honey and vinegar. After a few weeks, start using the original recipe.
Rinse using a mixture of Apple Cider Vinegar and water (1 tbsp ACV per cup of water).
If you have any questions, feel free to comment below!
And do tag me on Instagram if you make this 🙂
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.