The ingredients chosen for these DIY bath bombs relieve inflammation and stress, soothe achy muscles, detox the body and leave the skin soft and moisturized.
- 1 cup Baking Soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Citric Acid
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil (1 tbsp per color as I used three colors)
- 1 tsp Almond Oil
- Your choice of vegetable-based food coloring
- Your choice of essential oils (up to 30 drops)
- Bath bomb mold
- Mica (optional)
- Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Divide into 3 portions.
- Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil in a cup. Add three drops of food coloring and 1/3 tsp almond oil. Stir well. Add 5-10 drops of the essential oil of your choice. Repeat the step for the two other portions of coconut oil (using different colors and essential oils).
- Pour each colored oils mixture into the bowls containing dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Pack the blends into your ball mold (like this one). You can layer the colors on top of each other or keep them separated. Pack tightly, then squeeze both halves together to close.
- Freeze for 20 minutes to help it dry.
- To open the mold without breaking your bath bombs, warm the sides of the mold with your hands first.
- Optional: make your bath bombs all shimmery by sprinkling some mica on top. Your DIY bath bombs are ready!
Tip: a great essential oil blend for relaxation is Sweet Orange, Tangerine, and Melissa!
If you have any questions, feel free to comment below!
And do tag me on Instagram if you make this 🙂
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.